Week in Review – April 7, 2013
Making the leap. The leap to non-windows, non-Apple technology. I feel like I am leaping to the future. I know that it seems crazy and maybe I am wrong. Apple just feels like an idea that at one time was novel and somehow hyper respectful of individuality. So I am learning about Android, Chromebooks and Linux and what I need and can and can’t have.
Here’s my week in review:
- CMMI – Planning improvement wave 1. Big meeting next week with leaders from major production sites to review and hopefully validate plans to put improvement infrastructure in place.
- Created network map of technical document nodes and edges using open source Gephi software. That was fun.
- Expanding use of internal social media tools. Developed communication and sharing plan for AME conference in San Antonio next week.
- Began tracking line by line detail of activity at work in excel spreadsheet. Capturing time, description, location, activity, purpose and category. Plan on collecting for a while then start using pivot table for analysis. Thinking about nodes, edges and network diagrams too.
- Enrolled in Coursera MOOC on Machine Learning which starts April 22nd. That gives me a couple of weeks to figure out how to get my old windows PC cleaned off and Ubuntu running to I can program on it in R programming language. Fun!
- Created Tictrac profile and linked tracking sites to it. Also started porting Garmin data on to Garmin connect.
- Added a little more speed this week. I’d say I am 95% recovered from marathon season.
- Posted all my workouts to Shapeupraytheon for our at work challenge. Met all my goals.
- Tweeted all my runs @runflyingpig marathon relay in 27 days.
- Ran in to the Bettiga’s on a run and walked with them for a few minutes. Pleasant. Love to see them. Great people, great fam.
- Lunch with the Pettit’s. Got caught up on the goings on and all. Great time.
- Went to church with family.
- Encouraged Auburn gymnastics team and my daughter after loss at Regionals. Much better this year. Building for big time run at Nationals next year. Exciting!
- Mississippi Braves game at Trustmark park and picture of Macey with Trusty the mascot.
Thanks for reading. Keep sharing and learning.