Weekly Review – Week Ending 7/12/2013
Blog Posts This Week – Personal (1), links follow. Work (0)
Accomplishments for this week
-Work (on vacation all week)
– I managed to do next to nothing work related all week. Read email for a few minutes daily just to stay up on the chatter and see if my bosses needed anything.
– Read more of Running Through the Wall by Neal Jamison. Learned more about pacing in ultra marathons.
– Loved running at the beach this week, well not really on the beach, except once. Got in a couple of trail runs in Grayton Beach State Park and Point Washington State Park. Also did an 18 mile out and back on the paved hike and bike trail. 50 miles total this week and burned 4600 calories running.
– Spent the week, Saturday to Saturday at a beach house just outside of Grayton Beach, Florida. Visited with family and a couple of friends of the family. IT WAS AWESOME!
– Finished reading The Shining, by Stephen King. Great read for the beach.
Goals and Plans for next week
– Conduct configuration management plan training. Possible release CM Plan under formal control.
– Get Integrated Work Management plan completed and schedule meeting for next week.
– Complete draft of Measurement & Analysis plan.
– Finish Running Through the Wall, a compilation of ultra marathoning stories by Neal Jamison
– Reading The Creature from Jekyll Island, one account of the creation of the Federal Reserve Banking system
– Read more Emacs stuff. I have decided to work on automating my to do list and some of my blog using Emacs, similar to what Sacha Chua at http://www.quantifiedawesome.com has done
– Continue tapering for Big Butts 50k. Keep weekly miles between 30 and 40 and limit long run to 12.
– Plan for week Mon – 5, Tue – 5, Wed – 10, Thurs – 5, Fri – 0, Sat – 12, Sun – 0
– Read more fiction. Really liked reading a fiction book during vacation.
Time Tracking Summary – 4 Tables (new summary table with subcategories collapsed)
1. Totals per category for the last week
|Discretionary – Family||65.59|
|Discretionary – Travel||9.88|
|Personal – Routines||9.62|
|Personal – Run||8.05|
|Discretionary – Relax||5.54|
|Discretionary – Read – Fiction||4.82|
|Unpaid Work – Errands||2.02|
|Discretionary – Social||1.67|
|Discretionary – Writing – Blog||1.60|
|Discretionary – Productive – Tracking||1.53|
|Personal – Cross Training||1.53|
|Discretionary – Entertainment – Movies||1.15|
|Discretionary – Read – Nonfiction||0.47|
|Unpaid Work – Home||0.37|
|Discretionary – Read – Blogs||0.12|
|Discretionary – Learn – Code||0.07|
2. Totals per week day with work day categories filtered out
|Record category||Hours per Day|
|Discretionary – Family||9.37|
|Discretionary – Travel||1.41|
|Personal – Routines||1.37|
|Personal – Run||1.15|
|Discretionary – Relax||0.79|
|Discretionary – Read – Fiction||0.69|
|Unpaid Work – Errands||0.29|
|Discretionary – Social||0.24|
|Discretionary – Writing – Blog||0.23|
|Discretionary – Productive – Tracking||0.22|
|Personal – Cross Training||0.22|
|Discretionary – Entertainment – Movies||0.16|
|Discretionary – Read – Nonfiction||0.07|
|Unpaid Work – Home||0.05|
|Discretionary – Read – Blogs||0.02|
|Discretionary – Learn – Code||0.01|
3. Totals per work day with only work day categories
No work day categories this week. Yay!
4. Totals for top level categories. All of my time falls in to 4 categories as you see below.