Weekly Review – Week Ending 7/19/2013
Blog Posts This Week – Personal (4), links follow. Work (2)
Accomplishments for this week
– Conducted Configuration Management training for Operations Process Group team members. Received verbal approval to release the CM Plan.
– Integrated Work Management team meeting where we started to get some momentum with first indications of engagement and understanding.
– Participated in Operations organization CM Team meeting. Making good initial progress.
– Finished Running Through the Wall by Neal Jamison. Learned about foot care during ultra marathons
– Reading The Creature from Jekyll Island which is about the formation of the Federal Reserve Bank and the US financial system
– Week 2 of 3 week taper prior to Big Butts 50K this coming Saturday, July 27. Kept miles to 30 for the week compared to recent 50 mile weeks.
– Learned about running one mile fast and wrote about it here How Fast Can You Run 1 Mile?
– Ran two laps on the long loop at Butts Park between 11am and 1:30pm on Saturday to expose myself to nearly same conditions as end of race this Saturday. Learned I will have to hydrate more than I had planned and eliminated one food item as it is not practical to eat on the run. Also found a spot to set up my chair and stow my gear and food.
– Went to eat Mexican food one night and also saw Despicable Me 2 – both with family
Goals and Plans for next week
– Finalize integrated milestone plans for Integrated Work Management and Configuration Management projects
– Release CM Plan and Operations Process Improvement Plan (OPIP)
– Read 100 pages of The Creature from Jekyll Island, one account of the creation of the Federal Reserve Banking system
– Read more Emacs stuff. I have decided to work on automating my to do list and some of my blog using Emacs, similar to what Sacha Chua at http://www.quantifiedawesome.com has done
– Continue tapering for Big Butts 50k. Rest a lot this week.
– Plan for week Mon – 5, Tue – 0, Wed – 5, Thurs – 3, Fri – 0, Sat – 50K race, Sun – 0
– Business networking while on travel this week
– Read some fiction
Time Tracking Summary –
First Column – Detailed record categories
Second Column – Total Hours per detailed record category
Third Column – Hours per day
Fourth Column – Summarized record categories
Fifth Column – Total Hours per summarized record category
|Record category||Hours per Day||Record Category||Total Hours|
|Work – Raytheon||46.5||9.30||Work||46.5|
|Personal – Routines||11.7||1.68||Discretionary||33.2|
|Discretionary – Travel||9.5||1.35||Unpaid Work||19.0|
|Unpaid Work – Commute||9.3||1.87||Personal||18.3|
|Discretionary – Family||6.8||0.97||Business||0.8|
|Personal – Run||5.7||0.81|
|Unpaid Work – Home||5.4||0.77|
|Unpaid Work – Errands||4.3||0.61|
|Discretionary – Writing – Blog||4.0||0.57|
|Discretionary – Read – Nonfiction||3.7||0.52|
|Discretionary – Entertainment – Movies||3.7||0.52|
|Discretionary – Relax||1.3||0.18|
|Discretionary – Read – Fiction||1.1||0.15|
|Discretionary – Social||1.0||0.15|
|Discretionary – Productive – Tracking||0.9||0.12|
|Personal – Cross Training||0.8||0.12|
|Business – Mturk||0.8||0.11|
|Discretionary – Read – Blogs||0.7||0.10|
|Discretionary – Learning – Running||0.5||0.07|
|Discretionary – Read – Magazines||0.1||0.02|
|Discretionary – Read – News||0.0||0.00|