Weekly Review – Week Ending 8/9/2013
Blog Posts This Week – Personal (9 – that’s a record), links follow. Work (2)
How’s The Foot?
8:36 Life in Stills #2
Planning to Have Fun and Stumbling on Happiness
8:36 Life in Stills
2013 Run for the Son 5K Race Recap
Weekly Review – Week Ending 8/2/2013
Accomplishments for this week
– Moved forward on several fronts with the CMMI for Operations project.
– Flew to McKinney, TX midweek to conduct a one day workshop with the Integrated Work Management team and completed defining the Tiered Accountability process.
– Participated in a review with the Management Steering Group. Impressed so far with the level of cooperation and collaboration from this team.
– Draft of the Organization Configuration Management plan is ready for review.
– Read up to page 193 in The Creature from Jekyll Island and did some reading about Bitcoin. Interesting correlations. Read less this week but invested more time in learning German.
– Focused in on learning German this week thanks to Stephan Weisners Android App VociTeach which is available at Google Play. The App uses the Leitner flash card method. Seems to be working.
– Discovered two new podcasts I think I will like. 1. Truth in Tech 2. Intelligence Squared Debates
– Learned about www.askmeevery.com which is a personal data tracking site that emails you questions that you respond to and tracks your answers
– Social media content and interaction was up this week, but not much else going on the social front. Stopped in at McB’s after my haircut yesterday which was my first time there. Seems like a friendly place, but it smells bad which is a shame. Too annoying to tolerate again.
– RSVP’ed for the next Jackson Tech Entrepreneur’s Meetup later in August and commented on the forum
Goals and Plans for next week
– Get the CM Plan for Operations released and the pilot planned.
– Get the Tiered Accountability guidelines documented and out for peer review. Also get a draft of the pilot plan completed.
– Read up to page 250 of The Creature from Jekyll Island
– Keep up focus on German language
– Have to start working on my Earned Value Certification training at work
– Start easing my way back in to running but stay focused on preventing a flare up of the ankle tendinitis
– Next major planned event is the Firemans Run on 9/8 at the Reservoir.
– Young Engineer’s Network picnic at Pelahatchie Shore Park
Time Tracking Summary –
|Record category||Total Duration Hours||Average Per Day||Record Category||Total Duration Hours||Average Per Day|
|Work – Raytheon||18.68||2.67||Work||39||5.57|
|Work – Raytheon – CMMI||14.67||2.10||Discretionary||47.39||6.77|
|Unpaid Work – Home||13.25||1.89||Unpaid Work||24.04||3.43|
|Discretionary – Social||12.5||1.79||Personal||17.52||2.50|
|Personal – Routines||11.31||1.62|
|Discretionary – Learning – German||6.2||0.89|
|Unpaid Work – Commute||5.9||0.84|
|Unpaid Work – Errands||5.89||0.84|
|Work – Raytheon – Travel||5.65||0.81|
|Discretionary – Writing – Blog||4.88||0.70|
|Personal – Run – Race||3.92||0.56|
|Discretionary – Family||3.74||0.53|
|Discretionary – Entertainment – Movies||3.12||0.45|
|Discretionary – Read – Blogs||2.86||0.41|
|Personal – Run||1.87||0.27|
|Discretionary – Read – Nonfiction||1.4||0.20|
|Discretionary – Entertainment – Play Games||1.38||0.20|
|Discretionary – Productive – Tracking||0.79||0.11|
|Discretionary – Read – Fiction||0.54||0.08|
|Discretionary – Watch TV||0.53||0.08|
|Personal – Cross Training||0.42||0.06|
|Discretionary – Website||0.15||0.02|
- Weekly Review – Week Ending 8/2/2013 (patthomasson.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Review – Week Ending 7/26/2013 (patthomasson.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Review – Week Ending 7/19/2013 (patthomasson.wordpress.com)