What Can You Not Do On a Chromebook?
This page should really probably be titled, “What I Wanted To Do But Could Not Do On My Chromebook“. If it is not on this list then it’s probably safe to say I have done it or don’t want or need to do it. I’ll just add to this list as I discover things. My take so far is that this list is just a list of things that will be possible soon. It’s just a matter of time, market niche and interest. If you discover something else, send it to me or use the form below.
First the specs. I have an Acer C7 Chromebook. Click here to see he product specifications.
1. Sync data from my Garmin 305 Forerunner GPS. Garmin not supported. Can’t do it wirelessly or with USB or any other port.
2. Run iTunes.
4. Play .mov format video files. This format requires Quicktime which is not available for Chrome.
5. Use the Deposit at Home check scanning deposit feature on our banks website.
6. Play your music if your wifi is quirky. Your music is in the cloud so you need a rock solid wifi connection. Gogo Inflight was a near complete failure on one flight. It has worked on other flights. See my blog post Go-o-oo-g-g-gle P–P-l-llll-a-a–ay–y
7. Run the VIIRS View Spinning Marble App from Raytheon. They have downloads for Windows, Mac and HTML 5 Web App.